The trail can be a pretty intimidating place at first. Intimidating, that is, until you find the right bike to start ripping on. Specialized's Women's Rockhopper 29 — the perfect ride for you to find your confidence on the trail.
It starts with an A1 Aluminum frame that has optimized tube shapes which save weight while dramatically improving aesthetics. To go along with these clean new lines, the Rockhopper also has internal cable routing to further clean up the frame. Lastly, Specialized's Sport XC 29 geometry adjusts the reach, angles, and standover height to make for an improved fit across the size range. This is sure to keep you ripping and confident while heading both up and down the trail.
This Rockhopper comes with a build spec that places an emphasis on reliability. This means that it features a full Shimano drivetrain, no-fuss mechanical disc brakes, grippy Ground Control Sport tires that add traction over any trail, and an SR Suntour XCT 29 fork with a custom Multi-Circuit damping that eliminates the "pogo" feel commonly associated with coil forks. You'll also find that Specialized paid special attention to the needs of female riders, which is why every width and length of the components is tailored to women, while the Body Geometry Myth Sport saddle is sure to deliver comfort, mile after mile along the trail.
- The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 Aluminum in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support the acclaimed Women's XC Sport 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and descends with equal aplomb.
- Custom SR Suntour XCT fork features 80/90/100mm (size-specific) of coil-sprung suspension travel that swings well above its weight class.
- The Shimano rear derailleur is built with durability in mind, so you can rest assured that you'll have a reliable shifting partner for the long trails ahead.
- A1 Aluminum, Women's Sport XC 29 Geometry, zero-stack head tube,internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger
- SR Suntour XCT 29, Women's Rx Tune, coil spring, 80/90/100mm travel (size-specific), 51mm offset
- Front: 9x100mm QR
Rear: 9x135mm QR
- Stout 25 29, alloy, disc only, double-wall, 25mm internal width, 32/32h
- Shimano Center Lock, disc
- Front: Ground Control Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead, 29x2.3"
Rear: Fast Trak Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead, 29x2.0"
- Forged alloy, square taper spindle w/chainguard
- Bottom Bracket
- Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings
- KMC X8EPT, 8-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link
- Front Derailleur
- Shimano TY700, 34.9mm clamp, top-swing
- Rear Derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TX, 8-speed
- Cassette/Rear Cogs
- Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-34t
- Shimano TX800, Ez-Fire Plus, 3x8
- Stout double-butted alloy, 10mm rise, 10-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 700mm width, 31.8mm
- Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on
- Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- Radius BH-M760, mechanical disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor
- Myth Sport, steel rails, 155mm
- Seat Post
- Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm